Acai Berry Blog - Acai Berry Facts & Information

Acai Berry Information And Facts Related To The Acai Berry And It's Many Healthy Benefits.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

The Wall Street Journal On The Acai Berry

The Wall Street Journal April 18, 2003.

Açaí Replaces Wheatgrass In Blenders at Juice Bars

By TATIANA BONCOMPAGNI

Wheatgrass, protein shakes -- so 2002. At juice bars and health stores around the country, the hip new taste is açaí, (pronounced ah-sigh-EE) a grape-size, deep-purple berry that grows atop palm trees in the Brazilian jungle. In the two years since it hit the U.S., sales have jumped fivefold to $2.5 million, says Ryan Black, founder of Sambazon, the fruit's main U.S. importer, while at Juice It Up, a California chain, açaí drinks and dishes account for 10% of sales. "People drive out of their way to get it," says Brandon Gough, the company's vice president of marketing.

Fans say the fruit (which comes to the U.S. as frozen pulp) not only tastes good, but also is good for you -- packed with anthocyanins, the same antioxidants that give red wine its health benefits.

And, in a hat trick of health-bar chic, it's good for the Amazon, too, because it's collected by local families who can earn as much as $1,000 during the December-to-August harvest season (twice as much as they can usually make). "It gives them income and another land use besides cutting down the trees and raising cattle," says Chris Kilham, who teaches ethnobotany at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.

11 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
At 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish not concur on it. I over polite post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to read the intact story.

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technology really has become one with our daily lives, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further develops, the possibility of downloading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about all the time.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://does-the-r4-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds.onsugar.com/Does-R4i-R4-actually-work-7232282]R4i SDHC[/url] DS BlogServ)

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story as for me. I'd like to read something more concerning that topic. Thanks for posting this info.

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Best wishes

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous p90x said...

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further develops, the possibility of downloading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about all the time.
Acai Berry
Colon Cleanse

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Thomas said...

I started to seem and noticed that acai berry received a item by the title of acai berries berry strength five-hundred and as often I began to do a small investigation on this acai berry item.

Now I searched the web and study a ebook on the acai. I required details on what men and women and there private trials with the acai berry electrical power five hundred have been. Did it operate for the vast majority who utilized it Did it give the benefits men and women have been hoping for. How about the advantages of this Bodyweight health supplement.

Acai Berry Diet
Extenze
p90x Workout

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Amanda Nelson said...

Yeah,

Nowadays Acai replaces Wheatgrass in blenders at juice bars.

Amanda Nelson
Arginine Supplement

 

Post a Comment

<< Home